Friday, April 24, 2009

My sister

For her entire life my sister has had to share her birthday with Willy Shakespeare. Well, being born more than 300 years later will do that, I guess. Really most people don't know that April 23rd is his birthday or that it is also the day that he died, but that is neither here nor there.

For my entire educational career people have told me how great ol' Willy is and how there is no higher literary works that his plays. Ok sure. Good themes but how sad is it when the movie is better than the book? That is just not how it is suppose to be.

That all being said in honor of Willy (a day late because that is just how I roll these days) I would like to share with you my favorite Quote (actually it is the only one of his stuff I like and I recite it for the kids every Halloween)

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.
Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the cauldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing,—
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.
Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

I would like to thank whatever person who decided to print that bit on school folders back in 7th grade. That is the only reason I learned it.

And for my sister, well she is quite a wonderful writer in her own right, not Willy but that just means her stuff is actually good. I invite you to check out her latest work. It is near and dear to me since it is about homeschooling.

Lilka's Dream

Happy birthday (again a day late but still)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment