I have been trying to curb my whining. At 32 years old I am sure it is annoying to everyone so I try to count my blessings instead.
- I am thankful I have a job. (Even it is means I have to drive in snowstorms at 6 in the morning)
- I am thankful it snowed (because without a well pump there is no water and I could melt to snow to make water to use to flush the potty)
- I am thankful I read and memorized all the little house books as a child (so I can think about how bad it could be)
- I am thankful to have wonderful friends who come over even after a long day of getting ready for 6" of snow to say "yep, looks like the well pump is dead."
- I am thankful for friend who understands that I really want a flushing potty but I will wait until tomorrow, with good grace, because I know Mr. Fix-it Man was up at 1 am to push snow.
- I am thankful for my plumber, who is off spending the money he earned off us in November replacing all the pipes in the house, so that I could catch a quick visit with my friend.
- I am thankful that it is March and the snow can't last much longer.
- I am thankful that the well pump decided to go now rather than in Aug when we'd be at Pennsic.
- I am thankful that my kids helped me shovel and melt snow today. We actually have the driveway clear!!
- I am thankful for Hubby who stayed with the kids this morning rather than have them catch a ride with my boss to me at work in the snowstorm.
OK it does feel so much better to be thankful than whining. I challenge you to think of 10 things that you are thankful for when the world seems very heavy.